Thursday, August 20, 2009

Final Ministry Update

Today is Thursday and I (Clark) am in Accra getting ready to conclude the final day of the PX2 seminar that I have been doing over here. It has gone so well and smooth I can't even believe it myself. The young people that I have had the honor of working with have really learned and taken to heart the principles that we are teaching about reaching our potential and accomplishing our dreams.

The team is driving south from Bamboi today to Cape Coast for their play day tomorrow, please pray for a safe journey today as they will be in the bus about 12 hours. They have had a great time and we are all very tired after all that we have done here. We unloaded the container entirely and distributed the donations all over Bamboi, we (after today) concluded 2 different PX2 seminars that both were amazing, and Cameron we able to get three wells repaired and other set for drilling a couple of weeks from now. We ministered in churchs, squares, and schools with our VBS and got the chance to see thousands of children!

Tuesday we all went to Mole game reservation and saw many animals ranging from warthogs, to baboons, to water buck, to yes finally ELEPHANTS! My personal white whale was spotted at one point we found a pack of 11 of them which was very cool for everyone, there is something special about going to Africa and seeing elephants.

I will post one more time from our resort Friday night at which point I will read to the team all the comments that you have been leaving. I am sorry we haven't post much, but the internet was very limited as was the cell service to call in posts which I did once.

Thanks for you prayers and your support we are all looking forward to coming home and partying RLC picinic style on Sunday! (If we are not all asleep)

Clark

3 comments:

Diane said...

I thought I posted a comment this morning before I left for work, but looks like it is lost somewhere in cyberspace.
As I was reading this morning, God reminded me that he will work everything out according to his purpose. Romans 8:28 Then I read Romans 8:25 which reminded me that God has his own timing. I am sure that in Africa you have learned about Gods things being done in Gods timing and not according to schedules or plans of man.
Sounds like you have had a busy trip and that God is blessing, amazing and impacting lives. We look forward to hearing about all the Lord has been doing.
Angela, I am so glad that you were able to see elephants this time. I know that you have always wanted to see elephants in Africa, this had to be a special treat for you. Every time I walk in your room I see all your elephants, (or at least the ones you have out) guarding your room and waiting for your return.
Aaron is getting over a cold, he will be happy when everyone gets back from their trips. He says that Youth Group worship time just isn't the same.
Gandalf is still wandering from under my feet, to in front of the fan, then down the hall to lay outside your door. He keeps staring at the door as if expecting the sound of your car.
Even though I am taking a couple weeks off from classes life has been busy. (Crazy, confusing and at times frustrating) I get to start my weekend early, Todd is taking off to go fishing again so the office will be closed Friday. :-)
I love you and miss you bunches,
Mom

Donnie,
I hope that you are enjoying your time in Africa and having fun. Did you get all those kids going with your jokes and contagious laugh? Makes me smile just to think of what their reactions may have been. I am looking forward to hearing all about the wonderful things God has let you experience. I am so glad you were able to go on this trip. God is good and he has great plans for you. (smile)

dcolt1 said...

Sweetheart (Dustie),

You are missed and loved! Congratulations on seeing your project through to completion. I am exceedingly proud. I'll pick up the kids tomorrow night and I know they are anticipating your safe and speedy return.

Vanessa was also able to get some grandma time this week as well. The weather has warmed up, but it isn't the same without your smile!

Thank you for all you do and for all you have become.

Be blessed,
Love,
Dono

Philip said...

Becca,

I miss you greatly and can't wait to hear all yoru stories. I will try to save up my words on Saturday and Sunday so I can share them with you. See you Saturday night (wherever we end up meeting).

-Philip