Sunday, August 16, 2009

Update from August 16th

Hello everyone,
We are well and good in the land of red dust and amazing sunsets! Today was great! First we split the team up and I took Carly, Yada, Rachel, and Marisa with me to begin our youth seminar in Bamboi. We have 15 young people selected for their vision and ability to influence others in our class. The interaction with our team was great. We will conclude it tomorrow and then I head to the city to run the class one more time. They are very good seeds we are sowing.
The rest of the team went around and delivered a case of bibles to every church from the container which was a tremendous blessing for them. (We are giving out everything else from the container tomorrow.) At the churches, the group also lead worship and did dramas, getting a great chance to minister to the people. I am very excited for our team because they are getting to experience so many different things......
...like the funneral of our dear friend Adjei's mother. It was attended by over 1000 people and was a ceremony that our team is not soon to forget, that is for sure. We arrived and had to greet the family, all 300 of them one at a time with a handshake. Then the dancing and celebrating took place with our team right in the middle of it, looking more white than ever before. We are all doing well and looking forward to the great things that lie ahead, we just don't know what they all are yet! T.I.A. (this is Africa)
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!
Peace out,
Clark

2 comments:

Dina Davis said...

I wish I was there to see the sunset with you! I miss you so much! Be safe! Have fun! and Hurry home!! I love you more than words can express!! Sugar and Nutmeg continue to send their love too! Gunnar and Stormie do too! I am so proud of you!! You are amazing and wonderful!! I love you very much! Your wife, D

Diane said...

Angela,
Reading this post my heart skipped a few beats when I read that you have been sick, my mind started racing, wondering what is going on over there. Then God reminded me of the verse I read earlier this morning, I Peter 5:7 you are in Gods hands, worry does no good, besides he loves you even more than Mom. There is nothing I can do from here but keep on praying continually.
I had a big surprise when I walked out of church yesterday. Amanda, Josh and Kimmie were there. :-) I had no idea they were coming until she was almost in front of me. Grandma was excited to see her too, of course.
Pastor Andrew taught on the resurrection power, oh sweetie pray that the words went beyond the ears and into hearts. It was a powerful message!
Aaron and I spent the day with Debi and Grandma, that was fun. We all miss you so much. Please take care of yourself and be safe.
Tell Donnie he is missed too!! Love you both,
Mom